Tips and Tricks
- Did you know? You can switch tabs by clicking on indicators (right bottom corner of the window).
- since 091 beta II it’s possible to switch tabs by Alt+1, Alt+2…
- Ctrl + mouse wheel makes zoom-in/zoom-out while in chart area
- F5 and Ctrl+R triggers reload request
- You can use relative number in hours instead of timestamp in “from:” field, example : “-12” to keep just last twelve hours
- Pressing the Enter key while in “from:” or “to:” fields will submit reload request with the new time
- Alt+click in KPIs table will enable the KPI but will not perform request: useful to select several KPIs and do single request
- Ctrl+click in KPIs table requst this kpi for the same service (same port) from all nodes
- Ctrl+Shift in KPIs table request this kpi from all nodes, all services
- Click on the chart line will highlight it and display the exact time and value
- You can move highlighted point with Alt+Left/Right, (v09)
- Second click on the same chart line calculates the delta between values: check the status bar
- Sinle click on the chart area will redraw the chart without refresh
- Pay attention to status bar, all requests that are expected to be long (network) put some message in the status bar
- Shift + mouse wheel scrolls the area
- You can use just date in 2020-12-28 format to get 2020-12-28 00:00:00
- When a gantt or multiline KPI selected, context menu allows to copy details of the selected KPI
- Right mouse click in the chart area shows some potentiously useful options, try it!
- for example you can copy the exact timestamp in sql ready format
- even more: if yo already have timestamp in the clipboard you can compse beween predicate (v09)
Warning: might be dangerous as it can leave hanging statements affecting the system operations, so pay attention to that.
- when you start statement as “select top NNN” result limit will be automaticaly adjusted for this execution, no configuration change requred
- ctrl+up/ctrl+down moves current line
- ctrl+d duplicates current line or selection
- ctrl+u lowercases the string
- there is .log file containing some additional details which may be useful in certain cases. Also crash callstacks stored there.
- f12 switches the console/result/log scales. When repeated - returns the previous layout: useful for managing long statements.
- Shift + mouse wheel scrolls the result set table horizontally
- Ctrl + space calls autocomplete dialog (to be released with v09)
- typing in autocomplete dialog will filter values
- ctrl+F shows basic search dialog
- F3 repeats the last search (to be released with v09)
- when the column resized to 0 width it will be skipped in result copy (v09)